|Springfield dairy in Lukuyani|
|• Farmer mapping and recruitment
• Renovation of cooperative collection centre
• Supply and installation of chilling equipment
• Supply and installation of pasteurization equipment
• Supportive management of the dairy society.
Livestock Limited (SALL)
|• Base line survey on farmer productivity
• Farmer recruitment, registration and grouping
• Farmer contract sign up
• Collection centre mapping and set up (five collection centres)
• Equipment supply installation and commissioning
• Farmer education
• Management of the collection centres to break-even volumes
|Olkalaou Dairy (Tumaini plant)||• Baseline survey and centre set up
• Equipment supply and set up
• Farmer education
• Advisory on hygiene improvement of the olkalou plant and
improvement of plant installation
|Kinangop Dairy (KDL)||• Baseline survey on milk catchment area
• Mapping of collection centres
|KENYA MARKETS TRUST|
ADDRESS: NO. 14 RIVERSIDE DRIVE P.O BOX 44817 00100 NAIROBI
CONTRACT SUM: USD 322,137
PROJECT TITLE: Co-facilitating systemic change in Kenya‘s dairy sector
PROJECT DURATION 19TH SEPTEMEBER 2016 TO 31ST DEC 2018
|PROJECT BUSINESS MODEL
Dairy Africa has been contracted by KENYA MARKETS TRUST
(KMT) to set up Pasteurization Business Units (PBUs). The PBU’s will be a setup of bulking and pasteurization centers, with capacities of 500litres per hour processing (pasteurization). These units will be set up in either already existing dairy hub or in completely new hubs with capacity to collect at least 4000 liters a day but outside the cooperative movement. They must be registered legal entities.
Key project Interventions
• Intervene to ensure an all-inclusive milk markets by pulling the traders to adhere to new set safety standards.
• Establishing pilot pasteurizing business units owned and operated by traders to catalyze regional trader associations to adopt as a model to legalize their milk business and offer farmers stable markets.
• To train traders on milk hygiene, handling and safety practices.
• To make necessary linkages for the traders to acquire food-grade and recommended milk containers for transportation and milk dispensing.
|County government of Kakamega|
|• Baseline survey on milk catchment area
• Set up of farming business units
• Recruitment ,selection and training of farmers to be involved in
the project in collaboration with Smart Dairy
|BIDCO-LAND O’ LAKES LIMITED, |
Stanley Mathenge Road, Sungura Street, P.O. Box 7029-20100 Nakuru,
Provision Of Techical Sales And Marketing Services For Animal Feeds
COMMENCEMENT DATES: 1st, February 2017
i. To provide Technical support, and related sales services to farms, farmer groups, or Co-operatives supplied by the Company to achieve the following activities amongst others.
a. Quality related areas- to ensure that the Company products meet the functional expectations of the customer.
b. Productivity- to ensure that the customers get the agreed yield per bag.
c. Ensure good farming practice is implemented and or maintained.
d. Train farmer groups at times and methods agreed with the company
e. Handle farmers’ complaints in methods agreed with the company
f. Recruit reference farms as directed by the company
g. Recruit other farmers who can buy directly from the company
ii. To test new formula, take sample and feedback after every change of formulation
iii. To grow the feeds business and technical awareness by meeting the agreed monthly volume targets and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
iv. To recruit new customers/farmers and provide initial assistant and direction especially after the first purchase.
v. To ensure all farm orders are met in full and on time.
vi. To follow up all customers recruited for timely payments for all the deliveries made.
vii. To ensure that at all recruited customers are within the approved trading terms.
viii. To follow up all complaints for timely action and closure.